Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Autonerdz forums

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

ATE 2011 (Read 13,821 times)
Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

ATE 2011
Nov 11th, 2010 at 11:42am

Autonerdz will be at the Northwest Automotive Training Expo again next year.  Please come visit our booth #46 at the show.

We will also be doing 'LSD trips' this time.   Shocked

Class Type: Technical
Saturday March 12, 2011
8:30 AM to 11:30 AM

Lab Scope Diagnostics Trips is a collection of a few interesting discussions from The Autonerdz Community Forums and Group Therapy With The Picotologist sessions. These examples are chosen to illustrate what can be done with the modern lab scope and take you outside of yourself, challenging your concepts of reality. Your guide, Tom Roberts, the leader of the global LSD cult known as Autonerdz, is there to help make sure you have a good trip. Come join us for your virtual LSD ‘Experience’.

Press release:

SEATTLE, Wash., October 27, 2009 - After a successful inaugural event in March 2008, the Automotive Training Expo (ATE) will return to the Doubletree Hotel in SeaTac on March 11-13, 2011, for its second annual training event and product exhibit. The theme for the 2010 event is "Learn Skills for Survival in Today's Automotive Industry."

More than 30 technical and management training seminars will be presented at ATE 2010 over a three-day period. Courses offered will cover training designed for mechanical, collision, tire, service, and specialty shop owners, managers, service advisers, technicians, high-school and college instructors, and automotive students.

Several courses are AMI-approved for those attaining AAM designations from the Automotive Management Institute. In addition, I-CAR will present several courses for collision-repair professionals.

Trainers at ATE include some of North America's top instructors who offer courses ranging from hybrid system components to service adviser skills, electronic systems diagnosis to marketing.

A registration fee of $399 per person includes attendance at as many classes as desired over three days, all training materials, buffet breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday, lunches on Friday and Saturday, buffet appetizers on Friday and Saturday evening (during trade show hours), free admission to the trade show, and special hotel rates. There will be keynote speakers at both breakfasts, as well as at the Saturday lunch.

Registration discounts are available to members of sponsoring associations (Feb. 13 registration deadline) and for multiple attendees from one shop. Discounts are also available for accredited automotive instructors from high schools and colleges, as well as students enrolled in automotive programs.

The Friday and Saturday evening 80-booth trade show will open as afternoon classes conclude. Food will be served in the trade show area this year, and no-host bars will serve beverages.

Exhibits will include automotive parts, specialty products, tools and equipment, automotive-specific business support services, and training venues. Special discounts for ATE attendees will be offered by all vendors at the show.

In its second year, ATE is an outgrowth of the former Northwest Automotive Industry Tradeshow (NAIT) that was staged since 1985 at various Puget Sound-area locations. NAIT was a trade show that offered training programs, while the focus of ATE is to offer the West Coast's largest training venue.

ATE is sponsored by the Automotive Service Association of Washington (ASA-WA), the Northwest Tire Dealers Association (NWTDA), and the Washington Automotive Wholesalers Association (WAWA). Parts & People's Northwest Motor Edition is the official media sponsor of ATE.

"Last year we drew more than 400 industry professionals to training classes from more than 10 states," said Jeff Lovell, ASA-WA president and executive director, and the show's producer. "Because we had such a successful event in 2008, we expect to draw some 600 attendees in 2010. The positive feedback from attendees rated ATE extremely high in both the courses offered and the quality of our instructors."

Lovell also said the diversity of classes in 2010 will offer any shop or service center an excellent opportunity to have an entire staff trained at one event, from owners and managers to service advisers and technicians.

"Many Northwest shops close their operations and attend all three days of ATE to take advantage of the extensive range of classes provided," he said, adding that many shops send up to six or more employees over the three-day event.

For additional information on ATE, or to register online, visit www.atetrainingexpo.com or call (888) 774-1253. As of press time, there was a limited number of ATE exhibit booths remaining.

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

NathanBirch
Guru Member
Picogroup

Deceased

West Chicago, Illinois, USA
West Chicago
Illinois
USA

Re: ATE 2011
Reply #1 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 6:36pm

Tom,
I am planning my attendence, all the way from Chicago Illinois!
It will be nice to meet you in person!

Nathan.

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #2 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 8:29pm

Excellent, Nathan   Smiley  Look forward to meeting you too!

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

fisher
Super Nerd
Picogroup

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Concord, California, USA
Concord
California
USA

Reply #3 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 8:46pm

Is Tom charging for this class? Looks like 175 dollars?

Donald Bruce Gamble  
IP Logged

crackerclicker
Super Nerd
Picogroup

Elevation 834 ft

Watertown, Wisconsin, USA
Watertown
Wisconsin
USA

Reply #4 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 9:37pm

fisher wrote on Mar 11th, 2011 at 8:46pm:
Is Tom charging for this class? Looks like 175 dollars?

the charge is for ATE.  this isn't one of the picogroup classes.  this conference is a value if you consider the pricing for VISION classes.  the only economically priced expo that i know of is the bumper to bumper tech expo in michigan and illinois (used to be wisconsin  Sad). 

NathanBirch wrote on Dec 2nd, 2010 at 6:36pm:
Tom,
I am planning my attendence, all the way from Chicago Illinois!
It will be nice to meet you in person!

Nathan. 

alright nathan, we want all the skinny on what goes down  Grin
have a good time  Smiley

crackerclicker  
IP Logged

NathanBirch
Guru Member
Picogroup

Deceased

West Chicago, Illinois, USA
West Chicago
Illinois
USA

Reply #5 - Mar 12th, 2011 at 8:18am

You bet man, I'm sitting in Tom's class right now!

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #6 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 2:41pm

I keep forgetting to put up this photo of our booth.....

03110002.JPG (335 KB | )
03110002.JPG

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

Dr. Jake
Super Nerd
Picogroup

Deceased

Laurens SC (Jerkwater), South Carolina, USA
Laurens SC (Jerkwater)
South Carolina
USA

Reply #7 - Apr 4th, 2011 at 3:52am

Tom you the bouncer looking dude in tha pix.? I guess not too many start any s** wid ya, aye.. hehehe

Drjake907  
IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #8 - Apr 4th, 2011 at 8:46am

Quote:
I guess not too many start any s** wid ya, aye

Not unless they are hiding behind a keyboard   Roll Eyes

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

Dr. Jake
Super Nerd
Picogroup

Deceased

Laurens SC (Jerkwater)
South Carolina
USA

Reply #9 - Apr 4th, 2011 at 6:39pm

If I ever get tah meet ya, I gotta arm wrestle them big arms. I whooped up on all the big arms in high school. Getting old now, not so determined. Hurt for too long afters. I bet ya have been a powerhouse inya time too.

Drjake907  
IP Logged

Dr. Jake
Super Nerd
Picogroup

Deceased

Laurens SC (Jerkwater)
South Carolina
USA

Reply #10 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 5:19pm

gOT THE k110 TODAY TOM. Thnx. More learning to do. I've already loaded the custom probe.

Drjake907  
IP Logged

crackerclicker
Super Nerd
Picogroup

Elevation 834 ft

Watertown, Wisconsin, USA
Watertown
Wisconsin
USA

Reply #11 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 7:00pm

Dr. Jake wrote on Apr 7th, 2011 at 5:19pm:
gOT THE k110 TODAY TOM

when you find some interesting stuff to scope with that, please share  Wink.  the two posts of racic's where very cool.

crackerclicker  
IP Logged

Dr. Jake
Super Nerd
Picogroup

Deceased

Laurens SC (Jerkwater)
South Carolina
USA

Reply #12 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 9:32am