Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Hello To All (Read 2,738 times)
Davidlee
Freshman Member

Hampton, Virginia, Virginia, USA
Hampton, Virginia
Virginia
USA

Hello To All
Nov 27th, 2010 at 6:48pm

Greatings!

I have browsed this forum off and on for about 3 years. I have been looking at getting a Pico Scope for quite a while. My former employer had a shop Verus for us, I learned a bunch about scope diagnostics with it but even while using it I liked the PICO software and felt it was a much better scope.

I just orderd my scope last week, I did not however get the Automotive scope. I know, I know, there are some limitations set by the other scope, but I can tell you it will be a huge improvment over the Vantage MT2400 I have been using for the last year.(New emplorer is too cheap to buy one)

So I am not in the same league so to speak as far as the big scopes but it is a start. Since the initial investment is withing my budget I can get my probes together and get a feel for it. I will eventually upgrading to the 4 channel automotive scope, and of course that one I will get through Autonerdz Smiley I will also be using it for some R&D I am currently working on so it is more of a dual purpose.

I ended up going with the 2305, I will be limited on the input voltage but I have that end covered already. (My R&D hobby work!)

Thanks for the wealth of knoledge and look forward to contributing some screen shots when the scope gets here.
Dave

IP Logged

Dr. Jake
Super Nerd
Picogroup

Deceased

Laurens SC (Jerkwater), South Carolina, USA
Laurens SC (Jerkwater)
South Carolina
USA

Re: Hello To All
Reply #1 - Nov 28th, 2010 at 6:40am

Shame ya couldn't have gotten the right one from Tom.

Drjake907  
IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #2 - Nov 28th, 2010 at 6:55am

Hi David Lee,

Welcome.  We look forward to your contributions. 

I am not familiar with a 2305 PicoScope.  I know about the 2105 and the 2205.  What's a 2305?

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

Davidlee
Freshman Member

Hampton, Virginia, Virginia, USA
Hampton, Virginia
Virginia
USA

Reply #3 - Nov 28th, 2010 at 2:18pm

Sorry I was tired when I wrote it, I got the 2203 Smiley