Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Hello from Omaha, NE (Read 2,158 times)
J.R.L. at Auto Medic
Freshman Member
Picogroup

Hello from Omaha, NE
Dec 7th, 2010 at 11:08pm

Hello to everyone!!, my name is Justin I'm twenty-four years old and I've been in the automotive repair field for the last eight years.  I currently work for Paul and Nicki Reed the owners of Auto Medic.  I've always had a passion for problem solving, so naturally I directed learning and equipment purchases towards drivability.  
I purchased the Vantage Pro from snappy about a year ago  as my first scope, and just recently traded that in on the Verdict  Smiley.  After a  recent CTI lab scope class I felt that I needed to do more research on what all the specs really mean and what other products are out there.  The instructor at the CTI lab scope class was using a Pico Scope and was previously a snappy employee, explained to me that Pico was his scope of choice!!  
I was searching the web about a week ago and stumbled across the Autonerdz web-page Smiley I had heard about the pico but never really researched it Smiley...  only if I had found the autonerdz sooner.  I'm just in shock at the moment, but very excited to learn and share with all of you.  

"If you don't buy the tools you need, you will eventually pay for it, but not have your tool."
Henry Ford

IP Logged

J.R.L. at Auto Medic
Freshman Member
Picogroup

Re: Hello from Omaha, NE
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2010 at 11:51pm

Oh, just wanted to add that my girlfriend asked if i was on drugs when I told her that I'm going to sell my Jeep CJ7 which has been my pride and joy since I was 16, to fund a four channel Pico, Nerd CD's, and few other items and I told her yep I'm on "LSD" lol

"If you don't buy the tools you need, you will eventually pay for it, but not have your tool."
Henry Ford

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Re: Hello from Omaha, NE
Reply #2 - Dec 8th, 2010 at 8:54am

Justin,

I like you already   Kiss

But don't do anything you will regret...I have sold quite a few cars I really loved and was sorry later.  No rush.  Save your pennies.  It will all come in due time.

Glad you could join us.  We look forward to your contributions.   Cool

I don't have the specs yet for the Verdict.  The wireless is a coolness factor.  Not sure how beneficial that would be.  Not going to happen with Pico yet though.  The wireless technology does not yet exist that can move the volume of data at the speed required to handle it.

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged