Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Hello from California (Read 2,669 times)
Olando
Picogroup

Dublin, CA 94568, California, USA
Dublin, CA 94568
California
USA

Hello from California
Feb 9th, 2011 at 9:25pm

Hey guys, my name's Olando. I've actually already been a part of the autonerdz world about 3 months now and finally got to posting an introduction of myself.

A little Backgroud on me is that I work at my family's business, "Tires and Brakes for Less" since I was 16, I'm 27 now. We've been in business for 27 years now. We've always been just strictly a Tire, Brake, and suspension shop but in the last 2 years have had to evolve into expanding our services to keep up with the economy in our area. So for some reason I've been the one to take charge of the new AUTO REPAIR part of our shop. So ever since, I have been taking classes, went to night classes at chabot college because I didnt know a whole lot about engines. Well turns out that I caught the bug and have made this my hobby. So now I'm taking long term classes at a private school by our bay area auto guru at TECH-HELP in concord. So it got to the point where I finally felt ready to purchase a scope and after lots of research, I made one of the best decisions of my career and bought the deluxe 4000 kit and WPS500 kit from our friends here on AUTONERDZ. Their support is like nothing else out there. They care about what they do and always go to great lengths to help. Thanks guys!
     So now I'm just trying to find ways of letting people know that we do Auto Repair/ Diagnostics, so that I can start getting good return on our investment and I can get some more experience because I'm starting to get tired of test "known Good Vehicles"
    Sorry for the essay Guys, Looking foward to the future.

-Olando

IP Logged

fisher
Super Nerd
Picogroup

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Concord, California, USA
Concord
California
USA

Re: Hello from California
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 11:13pm

Hello Olando. I grew up in Concord for the most part and used to work in a service station there. Now I live not so far from the Autonerdz shop.  The group here is a very good engine for learning.

Donald Bruce Gamble  
IP Logged

PRESTON
LSD Guide
Picogroup

"Fix like a champion today"

Jensen Beach, Florida, USA
Jensen Beach
Florida
USA

Re: Hello from California
Reply #2 - Feb 10th, 2011 at 6:45am

Hey Olando,  I too am from the bay area, Vallejo born and raised.  I worked for a few years in Berkeley and am starting to miss it down there a bit, I moved to Portland OR beginning of 09.  What's your shops address down there, I'd be happy to give it out to some people I know.  I still have a lot of family and friends down that direction, maybe I can get them to stop calling me for all of there car questions and just send them to you!  Ha ha.  Welcome to the group, hows the weather down there?  My Ma said it was like 75 the other day or something!

Rogue Nerd in South FL
WWW WWW  
IP Logged