Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Hello (Read 2,663 times)
busjockey
LSD Guide

The Diesel Nerd

Champaign, Illinois, USA
Champaign
Illinois
USA

Hello
May 14th, 2011 at 7:51am

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself.  I am a Transit Bus technician from Urbana Illinois and hopefully after I have saved up enough money I will have a pico scope too.  I do a wide variety of repair work. Engines, Transmissions, HVAC, PM, Electrical, Brakes, Suspesion, Hydraulics.  But the one thing I enjoy most is electrical and I love challenges.  PLus I think I am not too shabby in diagnosing electrical problems in general and on Thermo King Bus Air Conditioning systems.  If there are any other Transit Bus Techs out there give me a ring.  Would be more than happy to share info.

Busjockey

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Re: Hello
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2011 at 9:44am

Welcome,

Yes, we have some other transit bus techs here.  We even have a special board for them in the Picogroup area you will have access to once you get your scope kit from us.

You might find this thread of interest in the public area:

http://www.autonerdz.com/cgi/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1223070451/0

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

busjockey
LSD Guide

The Diesel Nerd

Champaign, Illinois, USA
Champaign
Illinois
USA

Reply #2 - May 16th, 2011 at 2:56pm

Cool listing Tom, can't help you on that one though, we have diesel and diesel hybrids with Cummins Caps and Cummins High Pressure Common Rail.  And we still have some Detroit Diesel 50 series with DDEEC 3.  If you know of any public links for scoping these Engines could you point me in the right direction?  If it's on the member one only I understand.  If there is any questions that I could answer for you on Transit Buses I would be more than happy to help out and help any other Transit Techs out there that have a question.

Busjockey

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #3 - May 17th, 2011 at 7:08am

Personally, I am diesel illiterate.  But we do have the public diesel board for you and quite a few diesel techs here along with you.   Wink

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged