Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Hello from Woodstock Georgia (Read 6,124 times)
ben mcclelland
Freshman Member
Picogroup

one legged honda mechanic

Woodstock Georgia, Georgia, USA
Woodstock Georgia
Georgia
USA

Hello from Woodstock Georgia
Jan 22nd, 2012 at 3:05pm

Hi, my name is Ben. Ase master tech from 15 years at Honda dealership, got into bad accident and lost my leg with severe damage to my hip. Now unable to work full time, i fix cars at my house now. Tools that were normally provided for me at the dealer, i'm now needing to buy. I'm pleased that i am buying the last expensive tool, my Pico scope. We never used a scope at my dealer. I learned about scopes at my tech school for automotive technology back in 1995. That is the extent of my experience with a scope. It's a little intimidating. Had it a week and am nervous to use it, watched a lot of training vids, still don't get the triggering. honestly have been slammed with cars all week. I have 3 enhanced scan tools, Autel Maxidas, Auto Enginuity, and Honda hds. All 3 have the ability to look at waveforms, but it seems to me from so many comments on iatn, so many people use a scope, i should get one. Especially if i'm going to start working on all makes, not just Honda. I don't know how well the scan tools would do compared to a scope so i got a pico, plus 95 and down, won't be able to rely on a scan tool. Anyway, good to be here.  Wink

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Re: Hello from Woodstock Georgia
Reply #1 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 3:43pm

Welcome to the Picogroup, Ben.  Glad you are here.  I suggest you start with the tutorial movies and practice on things that are not broken until you become more comfortable.  The time you spend doing this will be repaid to you many times over when you need the skills.

You have access to many other resources for your PicoScope journey.  Use them all.  Again, the time you spend doing that will save you a lot of wasted effort and frustration.

We are all here for you, man.  We got your back.  You are going to have a lot of fun too.... Wink

We look forward to your contributions...

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

fisher
Super Nerd
Picogroup

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Concord, California, USA
Concord
California
USA

Reply #2 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 5:49pm

Good luck to you Ben.

Donald Bruce Gamble  
IP Logged

PRESTON
LSD Guide
Picogroup

"Fix like a champion today"

Jensen Beach, Florida, USA
Jensen Beach
Florida
USA

Reply #3 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 8:36pm

Tom Roberts wrote on Jan 22nd, 2012 at 3:43pm:
We are all here for you, man.We got your back.You are going to have a lot of fun too....

I second that

Rogue Nerd in South FL
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

RtOne
Super Nerd
Picogroup

"If We Can't Fix It" -
"It Ain't Broke"

Westville, Illinois, Illinois, USA
Westville, Illinois
Illinois
USA

Reply #4 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 5:56pm

Ben: Tom and Brian are the Salt of the Earth in all things but especially this field. You will (as I have had) have a great time learning, and it's never ending. Welcome Aboard, and Cheers, for your tenacity in overcoming what some consider a dissability instead of a handicap, mine is being OLD (Really Old). Grin

Adult Day Care By Lew Winegardner
WWW WWW roar1@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

top4
Picogroup

Ellwood city pa, Tennessee, USA
Ellwood city pa
Tennessee
USA

Reply #5 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 7:23pm

Ben Joe hear a honda guy since 1984 welcome in so what do you think of the maxidas 708 I have been looking at for a bit but money is tight rite now what say you?

IP Logged

Danny Berry, Sr.
Super Nerd
Picogroup

Elevation 840ft

McDonough, Ga., Georgia, USA
McDonough, Ga.
Georgia
USA

Reply #6 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 7:55pm

Welcome Ben,

Glad to have you on the nerd forum. I think that's great to here that you are not letting your loss hold you back. I live in McDonough, Georigia...not too far from you. I am a retired Georgia Power Electrical Engineer. I got into the LSD (lab Scope Diagnostics) not the drug junk... Grin and have been enjoying it for a few years now... I can help you with the pico scope...feel free to give me a call anytime...

BTW..My son had a bad motorcycle accident in 1994 and lost  his left arm...and he's a lead Mechanic at Delta Airlines now...You and he I'm sure have a lot that you could share with each other. Smiley 

Danny Berry,Sr

IP Logged