Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Autonerdz forums

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

At long last (Read 2,821 times)
RtOne
Super Nerd
Picogroup

"If We Can't Fix It" -
"It Ain't Broke"

Westville, Illinois, Illinois, USA
Westville, Illinois
Illinois
USA

At long last
Jun 14th, 2012 at 8:31pm

I have been a member for quite awhile, but I'm Shy and frankly didn't know what to say till now.

I'm Lew Winegardner and Hale from a small town in East Central Illinois. Always by Dad's side overhauling and repairing the family transportation. Trained by the United States Navy as an Aircraft Structural Mechanic and Later in the late 70's by the Automotive branch of the local Community College. I got really bored and lost all interest in Mechanics and returned to my pre enlistment carrier as a company truck driver, until they would give me money to leave (Retire). During that journey, some smart alec started dumping more electronics into the cars, brains and everything. Boy that brought the interest back and I started buying books and equipment, studying, working on neighbors, family and friends stuff for free when I was home, until I bought this place and retired to the only Hobie/Goal I've truly ever known. What a wake up call I got, even though I walked in better tooled and equipped than any Independent in the area, there were things wrong with cars that I couldn't prove without replacement. So the search was on big time, and I stumbled across Tom Roberts, Brian Haley and the Autonerdz as a team right here. My God has smiled on me, this group of Saints, some with  tarnished Halos have dragged me by the heels to LSD (Lab Scope Diagnostics) My life may not yet be complete but it certainly is enriched by their fellowship.

Adult Day Care By Lew Winegardner
WWW WWW roar1@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

Ward Zintel
Super Nerd
Picogroup

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
Canada

Re: At long last
Reply #1 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 5:54am

Welcome aboard Lew! You'll like it here - the amount of things to look over and soak in is astounding. Lots of projects, practical technical information - it's like taking a drink from a fire hose!
-Ward-

Wayne's Driveline
Saskatoon, Sk.

IP Logged

fisher
Super Nerd
Picogroup

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Concord, California, USA
Concord
California
USA

Reply #2 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 9:21am

Thanks Lew. God bless.

Donald Bruce Gamble  
IP Logged

autosparky
Super Nerd
Picogroup

blind worker

Porirua, New Zealand
Porirua
New Zealand

Reply #3 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 3:22pm

don't feel like your out of place in the modern world, "the old guys" still contribute. Don't forget the good old tests are still true for a piston engine.
I still use vacuum gauge along side my WPS500
Still use my test light a lot

I just showed a trainee a new simple trick - pull out the dipstick for a bit of oil!! Grin

can't see, can't hear, can't remember

IP Logged