Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Autonerdz forums

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Hello (Read 26,547 times)
mikeynorman
Freshman Member

Re: Hello
Reply #15 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 6:43pm

Thanks Scanner Danner.  I really thank You for the time you take to video Labscope Diagnostic Procedures.  It has been a great help to me when using the Pico Scope 4000 series scope.  Thanks.

IP Logged

ScannerDanner
Freshman Member

South Park, Pennsylvania, USA
South Park
Pennsylvania
USA

Reply #16 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 6:52pm

mikeynorman wrote on Jun 28th, 2012 at 6:43pm:
Thanks Scanner Danner.  I really thank You for the time you take to video Labscope Diagnostic Procedures.  It has been a great help to me when using the Pico Scope 4000 series scope.  Thanks.

No problem at all. I actually plan on doing a demo on each of the pico preset tests. I only have two so far, but when I get time I am going to do as many as I can. I've just been too busy with my live work and case studies to get them done. Good to meet you and thanks for the comment!

WWW WWW  
IP Logged

PRESTON
LSD Guide
Picogroup

"Fix like a champion today"

Jensen Beach, Florida, USA
Jensen Beach
Florida
USA

Reply #17 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 7:02pm

ScannerDanner wrote on Jun 28th, 2012 at 6:52pm:
I actually plan on doing a demo on each of the pico preset tests

Any particular reason?  Sometimes, depending on which ones you are referring to, it is better to avoid the presets if possible.  For beginners they may be okay, depending on which ones you use, but others limit the scopes true abilities, and can hinder ones utilization of the scopes features.  Just my opinion.  Either way, I'd love to see what you come up with.  I agree with the rest of the guys too, your teaching style is superb, and you make the learning process interesting and easy in your videos.  Wish more of my teachers were like you when I went to UTI, keep up the good work.

Rogue Nerd in South FL
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

crackerclicker
Super Nerd
Picogroup

Elevation 834 ft

Watertown, Wisconsin, USA
Watertown
Wisconsin
USA

Reply #18 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 7:17pm

depending on what you have in mind, i agree with preston.  you would likely do better with a video on why to avoid the presets  Grin.

crackerclicker  
IP Logged

ScannerDanner
Freshman Member

South Park
Pennsylvania
USA

Reply #19 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 7:39pm

PRESTON wrote on Jun 28th, 2012 at 7:02pm:

Any particular reason?  Sometimes, depending on which ones you are referring to, it is better to avoid the presets if possible.  For beginners they may be okay, depending on which ones you use, but others limit the scopes true abilities, and can hinder ones utilization of the scopes features.  Just my opinion.  Either way, I'd love to see what you come up with.  I agree with the rest of the guys too, your teaching style is superb, and you make the learning process interesting and easy in your videos.  Wish more of my teachers were like you when I went to UTI, keep up the good work.

I was actually asked to do it by some of the guys at pico. Of course I put my own touch to it too.
Here is a link to the two I did. Let me know what you think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoFt3uzQd44
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5KAHv47viw

WWW WWW  
IP Logged

ScannerDanner
Freshman Member

South Park
Pennsylvania
USA

Reply #20 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 7:40pm

crackerclicker wrote on Jun 28th, 2012 at 7:17pm:

depending on what you have in mind, i agree with preston.  you would likely do better with a video on why to avoid the presets  Grin.

Lips Sealed

WWW WWW  
IP Logged

PRESTON
LSD Guide
Picogroup

"Fix like a champion today"

Jensen Beach, Florida, USA
Jensen Beach
Florida
USA

Reply #21 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 10:05pm

I liked the videos, they weren't real heavy on the presets at all, plus you threw in the disclaimer of them being a good place to start, but can be modified from there.  I also watched the 2 part series of the misfire on that chevy p/u with Eric the car guy.  I like that it was pretty candid, made it feel real, as it should.  Totally real world stuff when you can tell that you weren't expecting to get the injector capture that you ended up getting, awesome.  It's a perfect example of "test don't guess", and something that I try to tell my customers all the time when they come in asking, "what do you think it could be?".  My conversation about the code I just pulled out of there PCM memory in the parking lot usually starts with, "it could be the component listed in the description of the code, it could be another component that the PCM thinks is correct but isn't, it could be in the PCM, or it could be simply a poor connection or bad wire somewhere.  Do you want me to throw parts at it because you think it would be cheaper than spending $100 to know EXACTLY what it will need, PLUS the guarantee that would come with that diagnosis?".  If that truck had rolled into my shop, it would have been 1 hour diag., plus like .5 for a wiring repair.  Now the shop down the street may have said it's not getting fuel, must be the injector.  How much do you think that bill would have been?  PLUS it still wouldn't have been fixed.
  I look forward to your contributions, I might even buy your book for all your hard work and efforts  Wink
  Oh yeah, if you ever save waveforms you would have noticed that the file extension at the end is psd,

Paul
Scanner
Danner

It's like it was meant to be or something.  Wow, I need to go to bed,  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Rogue Nerd in South FL
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Charlie.S.
Picogroup

I'm an Autonerd

Maple Valley, WA, Washington, USA
Maple Valley, WA
Washington
USA

Reply #22 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 6:33am

I would highly recommend the book to anyone. Probably one of the best training / reference books I have even read.

IP Logged

Bevatron
Picogroup

LSD moments to learn a
lifetime to master

Maryland, Maryland, USA
Maryland
Maryland
USA

Reply #23 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 6:46am

Paul,
Keep it up and someone will learn something.
Smiley

Hans

IP Logged

ScannerDanner
Freshman Member

South Park
Pennsylvania
USA

Reply #24 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 8:51am

Charlie.S. wrote on Jun 29th, 2012 at 6:33am:
I would highly recommend the book to anyone. Probably one of the best training / reference books I have even read. 

Thanks man. I really appreciate that.

WWW WWW  
IP Logged

jarvissamuel
Super Nerd
Picogroup

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Denver Colorado, Colorado, USA
Denver Colorado
Colorado
USA

Reply #25 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 11:47am

Welcome to the forums.  On the YouTube links there is (or at least used to be) a way to actually imbed it in the post.  I believe it is using the insert media icon in reply box.  I have not been on YouTube in a while I will have to check out your videos.  It might give the motivation to put another one together. It is amazing what can be found on YouTube.

Sam

IP Logged

RtOne
Super Nerd
Picogroup

"If We Can't Fix It" -
"It Ain't Broke"

Westville, Illinois, Illinois, USA
Westville, Illinois
Illinois
USA

Reply #26 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 9:09pm

Paul, Could you be persuaded to post a link to the vendor used to market your book?  I have asked Tom, but you should verify for your own piece of mind, that it's OK to promote (sort of) your work for our (MY Wink) collective betterment in our chosen craft.

Belay My Last
, I found ya, Man that is a good read Thank you.

http://autocomputerstroubleshooting.com/

Lew Winegardner
RtOne
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2012 at 2:55pm by RtOne »  

Adult Day Care By Lew Winegardner
WWW WWW roar1@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

T. Pike
Freshman Member
Picogroup

Thomasville, North Carolina, North Carolina, USA
Thomasville, North Carolina
North Carolina
USA

Reply #27 - Jun 30th, 2012 at 7:47pm

ScannerDanner wrote on Jun 26th, 2012 at 7:59pm:
Just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Paul Danner and I have been a pico user for probably 8+ years now. Jim Linder's guru classes was where I was first exposed to this awesome scope. I learned about you guys from iATN and the pico forums and thought that it would be fun to be a part of this as well.
Anyway I am looking forward to meeting you guys and hope to learn as well as hoping to help.

Hi Paul and welcome aboard!

IP Logged

Drjekl
Picogroup

I'm an Autonerd

Paraparaumu, New Zealand
Paraparaumu
New Zealand

Reply #28 - Jun 30th, 2012 at 8:58pm

Welcome scannerdanner
I wondered what everyone here was going on about with the board,  I had a look at the videos posted, yer I'm sold, I want one too. Smiley

I have also subscribed to your utube channel

Regards

BLAIR ROSSON
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

top4
Picogroup

Ellwood city pa, Tennessee, USA
Ellwood city pa
Tennessee
USA

Reply #29 - Jun 30th, 2012 at 10:36pm

Paul welcome in I have your book it is great top shelf stuff. I also like your vids. very good also. But I live in Pgh. area (beaver co.) every time I go to but T pins thay tell me some guy named scanner has bought them all! Give the rest of us a break! Any way a safety pin will work also Good luck to ya Joe

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3