Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Autonerdz forums

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

New Colorado Springs Member (Read 6,392 times)
Blackstout
Freshman Member
Picogroup

Integrity

colorado springs, Colorado, USA
colorado springs
Colorado
USA

New Colorado Springs Member
Jun 17th, 2013 at 9:01pm

I apologize for the tardy introduction.  I came across the site late one night in February after coming home from another disappointing night of diagnostics at my tech school.  I felt (and still feel) inadequate in my ability to troubleshoot driveability problems.  Figured I would have to find another way to really gain the knowledge to work my way to competency.  With work and school (and family), I haven't had the time to regularly check in with the forums, but the times that I have, I have been very impressed (although usually overwhelmed) with the discussions.
  During school, I decided that I would go into a bit of debt (and I really hate being in debt) to augment my tool box inventory while taking advantage of SO's student discount.   I finally finished the tech program a few weeks ago, but curtailed most of my intended tool purchases so that I could dedicate those resources to a Pico kit.  Today was the day that I took a deep breath, said a prayer and hit the Pico purchase submit button.
  I'm sure it will take quite some time before I can contribute to the group in any meaningful way (unless the discussion digresses to beer or baseball - I have a soft spot for both).  Therefore, please don't think I have lost interest as the months roll by and you notice little or zero posts/replies from me.  I will try my best to soak up the knowledge/expertise here so that one day, with some work, I too can provide meaningful insight.
  My best regards to all.

IP Logged

crackerclicker
Super Nerd
Picogroup

Elevation 834 ft

Watertown, Wisconsin, USA
Watertown
Wisconsin
USA

Re: New Colorado Springs Member
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 9:16pm

Welcome aboard Blackstout.   Smiley

Blackstout wrote on Jun 17th, 2013 at 9:01pm:
(unless the discussion digresses to beer or baseball - I have a soft spot for both)

Well, if Notre Dame has a baseball team, I'm sure Preston will have plenty to talk with you about.   Smiley

crackerclicker  
IP Logged

jarvissamuel
Super Nerd
Picogroup

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Denver Colorado, Colorado, USA
Denver Colorado
Colorado
USA

Reply #2 - Jun 18th, 2013 at 7:28am

Welcome,

This site and Tom's support have really helped me grow as a tech. Another great resource is iATN.net sometimes it gets a bit out of wack over there but with some patience there can be a lot of good stuff.

If we can get a few more Autonerdz Pico's out here, maybe we could do some sort of Colorado gathering.

Sam

IP Logged

BMW Scott
Super Nerd
Picogroup

High Point, NC, North Carolina, USA
High Point, NC
North Carolina
USA

Reply #3 - Jun 18th, 2013 at 7:21pm

Welcome Aboard!  I felt much the same way in regards to not being able to contribute to the group, but in a just a few months I've taken in a great deal and every once in a while even I can offer some advice.  Don't be afraid to ask questions and post.  As long as you are willing to put in the time and effort, everyone here is more than willing to help. Good luck!

Scott J Hicks

IP Logged

autosparky
Super Nerd
Picogroup

blind worker

Porirua, New Zealand
Porirua
New Zealand

Reply #4 - Jun 18th, 2013 at 11:54pm

Blackstout wrote on Jun 17th, 2013 at 9:01pm:
  I'm sure it will take quite some time before I can contribute to the group in any meaningful way

you can!! by simply posting problem waveforms, we all learn no matter what level we are at
Don't be scared, after using Pico for over 10 years, I've learnt more here in 1 year than all my years "fiddling"

Check out my new post in Picoscope Techniques

oh and I'm a lot poorer like everyone else after buying all the Pico accessories Cheesy

can't see, can't hear, can't remember

IP Logged

Danny Berry, Sr.
Super Nerd
Picogroup

Elevation 840ft

McDonough, Ga., Georgia, USA
McDonough, Ga.
Georgia
USA

Reply #5 - Jun 19th, 2013 at 11:38am

Yea Welcome to the Nerd home. There are people here that are from all types of backgrounds and experience levels. Even retired guys like myself that can help with your scope growth. I can testify and confirm what everyone else has said and you want regret coming here, because it is the best place to be involved. It's up to you as to what level you want to take it to..so go for it Smiley

IP Logged

Chad Austin
Picogroup

I'm an Autonerd

Colorado, Colorado, USA
Colorado
Colorado
USA

Reply #6 - Jun 19th, 2013 at 6:02pm

Welcome aboard.

I'm from Colorado as well. 45 mins south of Colorado Springs. I'm in Cañon City.

WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Blackstout
Freshman Member
Picogroup

Integrity

colorado springs, Colorado, USA
colorado springs
Colorado
USA

Reply #7 - Jun 19th, 2013 at 9:19pm

Thanks all for the kind welcome and encouragement.  I'll try and not be too shy posting to the boards.  Sam and Chad: It's nice to know that there are some close by members of the group.  I would fully support a get together for Pico's in our area.  Chad - hope you weren't too affected by the fire down there in Canon City.

IP Logged

Chad Austin
Picogroup

I'm an Autonerd

Colorado, Colorado, USA
Colorado
Colorado
USA

Reply #8 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 4:50am

I was fine but the Royal Gorge Bridge suffered minor damage. All of the attractions but the bridge and skycoaster burned up As far as I know they are still removing the 1.5 miles of cable from Arial Tram that fell down the canyon. Rafting has been temporally suspended in Gorge but hopefully they will have it open soon. The Royal Gorge Whitewater Festival is this Friday and Saturday and I've been voluntold I am going to help with setup.

WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Bonet
Picogroup

I'm an Autonerd

Orlando Florida, Florida, USA
Orlando Florida
Florida
USA

Reply #9 - Jun 24th, 2013 at 7:04pm

Welcome blackstout I felt the same way when a got my pico, thanks to the nerdz family am getting better at it. Smiley

Technician @ Bonet Auto Service
WWW WWW jorge.l.bonet Bonet Auto Service  
IP Logged

PRESTON
LSD Guide
Picogroup

"Fix like a champion today"

Jensen Beach, Florida, USA
Jensen Beach
Florida
USA

Reply #10 - Jun 25th, 2013 at 9:21am

crackerclicker wrote on Jun 17th, 2013 at 9:16pm:
if Notre Dame has a baseball team, I'm sure Preston will have plenty to talk with you about.

You're joking right?  Wink

Welcome aboard Stout.

Rogue Nerd in South FL
WWW WWW  
IP Logged